Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Beautiful Cross Of Calvary

Hi family and friends,
Today I write with a heavy heart. The school shooting is so heartbreaking. So many children lost their life because one man chose to go against all that God says not to do. He had a free will and he used it for evil and not good, and the innocent suffers because of it.
As I have thought about it the last few days and wanted to write, I was reminded that God understands exactly what each family is going through. His only Son died on the cross because of the choices men made.So I'd like to share a piece I wrote a few months ago that speaks of the death of our savior and what that means to me. I love all of you and wish you the very best. Brenda


                                                  The Beautiful Cross Of Calvary

                A cross of death, heartaches and tears, is what it was meant to be. So many hung on the crosses of ancient times. For freedom rights, for peace and safety for their families, was their guilty plea. They were judged by cruel men who cared not for humanity. One less piece of trash to keep under control. Not even given the right to be called a person of dignity.
                 But, there was a cross in all that time, that history still cannot define. A different man hung on that cross for the world to see. Even nature cried out for the injustice done that day. The wind, the rain, the darkened skies, the fear it brought to some, could not explain why that cross was different on that day. The
tree that made the cross cried out. oh evil man can't you see, it's Love that hangs on me.
                 The Beautiful Cross Of Calvary, that is where Love died for you and me. The man called Jesus, accepted the debt. To the Father above he did plea for you and me. The price he paid was death for all to see. Love so great to hell he went,but in three days he returned as King. And Love would never die again.
                  The Beautiful Cross Of Calvary bought salvation for you and me. The emblem of suffering and shame, where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain. Yes, I'll cherish that old rugged cross. Despised by the world but holds a wondrous attraction for me. Stained with the blood of the dear Lamb of God, no greater beauty has ever been seen. It stands today in the hearts of man, to the lost and dying world we plea. Come accept the Savior at the foot of The Beautiful Cross Of Calvary.
                   The song The Old Rugged Cross is a treasure I hold. For I know my Savior died on that cross for me and no greater love have I ever known. The grace of God, I'll never let go. My Lord has won the victory for me on The Beautiful Cross Of Calvary




(c) Copyright 2012 all rights reserved

1 comment: