Friday, June 28, 2013

The Hero /The Bride /My Wedding Gown

     Today is my 46th Wedding Anniversary. In honor of that I want to share 3 writings today. My Wedding Gown, describes the gown my sister Phyllis made for me. Knowing she had taken the time to create my gown made it ever more special on that day. The Hero and The Bride comes from Bible studies I have done. This is not only a look at a bride and groom but how our Lord wishes to be a part of our lives. God sees each of us as the beautiful bride and his desire is that we look to him as that hero in our lives. The groom we are all waiting for.




                                                                 The Hero

     Tall, dark, and handsome, strong, and wise, that is how the hero is seen in the dreams of the bride. He is a hero of great character. Dark in the mysteries of life, guarded until shared with his bride. Handsome in the eyes of his beloved, for it comes from the beauty of his heart. Strong and standing firm in the times of need. Wisely seeking council for the decisions he makes for home and family.
     The hero, speaks gently of love to his bribe. He hears her words and gives wise council. Always standing firm on her behalf, never cruel or hurtful, safety and rest is found in his arms. He is strong but not brutal, wise but not arrogant. He is kind and gentle, but, never weak. His prayers sustain her in times of need. The true hero is a reflection of God from deep with his soul. Short, pale, and plain, it does not matter. Tall, dark, and handsome, he is a hero, in the eyes of his bride.




                                                                The Bride

     Captivating, inviting, desirable, a beauty beyond compare. Beckoning to her love to come near, a deep desire to be as one. A jewel of great value, within her flows the river of life. Is this the things she wants her bridegroom to see, has she stolen his heart? Will he be delighted in the riches of her?
     So many young girls start out with doubts and fears, hiding the true woman inside. Wondering, will a prince ever find me? She doesn't see the power of her beauty. A desire in her heart to create a home fit for a king. Decorated in love and comfort not found in a wilderness life. Reaching out for the world to recognize her mate.
     Does he see the beauty hidden within? A vision of the creator God reflected in the heart of the beautiful bride. Captivated by her beauty, she is reflected, and see in a delicate snowflake. Found in the clouds on a sunny day, the reflection of God in all her ways. The form of the body, the face of a child, making her king drunk with desire. The bride and the groom meant to share in the marriage of life.



                                                          The Wedding Gown



     As I made plans for my wedding day, I knew there was no money for a wedding gown.  I searched and found a beautiful brocaded satin and picked out a patter. My sister,  Phyllis, said, she would make my gown for me.
     The gown had an empire waist, a straight line fit that went to the top of my foot. A matching train attached at the shoulder, the same length as the gown and could be removed. The sleeves were slim and came to a point om the top of the hand. Between the sleeves and the back of the gown there were seventy two satin buttons. The gown was perfect in every way, especially because my sister had created it for me. To me money could not have purchased a more beautiful gown.
     Phyllis gave me more than just the gift of a handmade gown. This was the first time in my life, I felt I was beautiful. As a beautiful bride, I did not feel so plain. I still have my gown and had hoped for a little girl to pass it on it. However, God gave us two wonderful sons. The gown is priceless to me because of the way it made me feel, but, most of all because of who made it for me.



(C) Copyright June 2013  All rights reserved.

                     

                                             





No comments:

Post a Comment