Saturday, December 29, 2012

Me, Myself and I

          The new year is almost here. Out with the old and in with the new, but, it is the old we must worry about. The debt that this country has hanging over it, is to large to even comprehend. It is a debt that our children and grand children will be paying on all their life. It is a problem that is effecting ever country in
the world. People don't want the debt they have, yet, no one is willing to give up what they believe they are
entitled to. One day, those entitlements, will over take the tax money coming in and all entitlements will be lost. Even taxing the wealthy 100% will not be enough to cover the debt. WHAT THEN?
     Will we have riots, like we see in other countries! When and where will it all stop? As I have thought about what we as a nation are facing, I realize how selfish we have become. We think about self, our needs and wants and those of our families. No one else even matters. We are called to be servants in the scriptures. To server others and not think about self. What are we willing to give up for the good of others and for our nation? I wrote a poem several years ago about selfishness, that I'd like to share. Look and see if you can see yourself in this poem! We must each ask, do I serve myself or am I a servant of God?
John 12:23,24



                                                    ME, MYSELF AND I

   Me is always asking, what about me? When is it my turn? Nobody loves me! Nobody wants to help me, nobody even cares. Everybody is out to get me. Me is so frightened, insecure and very dependent on others to meet their needs. Yet, me, does not trust anyone. Believes, God has abandoned me.
   Myself, feels they need no one. I can do it all myself, with no help. Myself is very protective, sometimes yelling to make sure they are heard. With everything they acquire they say, "this is for myself". Selfish, stingy and never shares with others. Myself, doesn't believe they need God.
    I, is very arrogant. I don't need anyone! I can do it alone. Very proud, pout'y and demanding. I, cares for no one else. Lonely, but will not let go of first place. There is no room for loving others. I, doesn't believe they need God.
     Me, Myself and I, Often throw a wild pity party. It leaves them very discouraged, moody and down for days. Me, Myself and I, are so lonely, even when all together. Never allowing anyone else in their lives. They won't let go of first place, no matter how painful or lonely they become.
     Then the Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ, won the heart of me, myself and I. Now they step aside, proclaiming, with our Savior we now abide. The Savior came just for me and gave me life. He told myself, you cannot do it alone, lean on Me. I AM, will carry the load. He came that I could have peace. A place where grace abides. The Savior came and gave up all for me, myself and I, that we could be free. Life is not about me, myself and I, but The One who came and died.
 
     Titus 2:13-14 Learn to be a servant.

     May God's blessing be poured out on each of us and our nation. I pray God's people will humble themselves and call out to God, to heal our land.  2 Chronicles 7:14
     To all my family and friends, I pray for you, our nation and Israel,  for God's grace and peace throughout the new year.
 

To all Happy New Year, Brenda



(c) Copyright 2012 all rights reserved


 


No comments:

Post a Comment