Friday, May 17, 2013

No Change Is Easy



     Over the past several weeks I have been dealing with personal things in my life that need to change. Not easy to accept that you may need to look at your life and make some changes. We get comfortable with our habits and want to stay where we are at. If our habits and views have an effect on the people in our lives, family, friends or acquaintances, then we need to ask, is it a good or bad effect I am having on their life? Ask,  am I at peace or is there turmoil all around me?  It is hard for a child to change their ways but even harder for an adult many times. As a Christian those changes for the good must have the leading of the Holy Spirit. Are we willing to surrender to the Lord's will in our lives? My prayer is that each of us will look at the effect we have on others and ask the question, is my influence for the good or bad? I share today,  No Change Is Easy, what I need to do to make the changes that God is showing me, need to be made but it is up to me.




                                                         No Change Is Easy

     Are we to comfortable with our old habits and ways? Few of us like changes and some even fear change.   Breaking old habits and changing our views, takes time and effort. It requires a commitment that we don't always want to invest in.
     We do the things we don't want to do and don't do the things we want to do. In the bible, Romans chapter seven talks about this very thing. Even the followers of Christ had to struggle with the same problems we have today. True change can only come as we dedicate and surrender our lives to the Lord. Depending more and more on the Holy Spirit to guide and direct us moment by moment. We cannot be a Sunday and Wednesday Christian only. We must walk daily on his path not ours. Only then will we make the changes in our lives that are lasting.
     With change we grow out of our childish ways into those of an adult. As a Christian we will look at life from a different perspective. Not through our own eyes but with the eyes of God. We will see sin as God sees it. True change, with the Lord in our lives, brings peace, joy and often understanding. Others will see the change and hopefully they will want that change for their own lives. We are not on this earth for our own wants but to fulfill the will of our father in heaven. We have a calling and purpose on our lives. Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life and show you the purpose for which you were created.


     I Corinthians 136:11-12  KJV
     When I was a child, I spake as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.




(c) Copyright 2013  All rights reserved.






No comments:

Post a Comment