Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tears Of Grace


So much is still going on in our country. Many tears are shed for the lost and those left behind that  are have trouble finding peace. We all shed tears through out our lives, tears of joy, happiness, sorrow, grief and regrets. God keeps track of our tears, he gathers them for he knows they are special to each one of us. God shares the joys and heartaches that are with each tear. I pray this will give bring someone comfort in these troubled times. My view of tears as a parent.



                                                               Tears of Grace

     Throughout life we shed tears for many reasons. Tears in every phase of our lives, from our birth to our death. The birth of a baby, their first word spoken, their first steps taken. Tears of pride and joy. A child's first day of school. A recital or first sports event.  The growth through each phase of their young lives. Changing from a child to a teen, tears of pride.
     Drivers test passed, the first date. Watching them blossom with their own special gifts. A singer, dancer, construction worker and some even politics is what the future will bring. The tears of concern as we loosen the strings of parenthood. We watch as they become young adults, leaving home for a new school or a career in life. Watching as they make choices that will effect the rest of their life. The tears of anxiety, pride and sometimes heartaches for poor choices they make.
     Then the years with new concerns, marriage and children of their own. Did we teach them all they need to know or did we fail in some way. Moving into a new life with new friends, new family connections, new homes often far away. They change constantly pulling them further from our home. Tears, a mix of pride, joy, anxiety and hope for their lives.
     Illness and death bring a new kind of tears. Learning of an illness that will change a life and family forever. The death of someone we love, how do we control; the tears. Tears of heartaches and sorrow. Sometimes the tears of anger. In life there is nothing that is perfect or forever. Loss of a home or job, tears of fear facing tomorrow. So many living in hunger and homelessness, many neglected and abused. Others bad choices made. Drugs, abortion, murder and hatred, all seeking our destruction. Tears of great sorrow and sometimes shame.
     The tears we shed, knowing we are forgiven and safe in the arms of our Lord. Each tear caught in a bottle of grace, returned to us as peace, if are willing to receive. No anger, no bitterness, revenge or hate can come between me and Gods forgiving grace. Tears of every emotion there is, but, we know Gods grace is more than sufficient to cover them all. Every tear is caught up in that bottle of grace for each man of creation.  The hands of our Lord to guard and protect for the treasure they are. Tears of grace teaching us and drawing us ever closer to the Lord. The tears of grace is a part of our journey and touches every life.


     Psalm 56:8-13 JKV
     Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: will not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living.



© Copyright 2013  All right reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment