Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Race

     Today I want to share about the race of life. Who is in control? Who are you following? We are in a race that ends when Christ returns for his own. We daily fight an enemy that only has destruction for us. Know who you follow and why. I continue my journey with my eyes on God, knowing I cannot face the trials of this life without him. Learn to know what it means to say, "It is well with my soul."  Run the race with God leading.



                                                                       The Race


     Satan had made a race out of life, to see how many lives he can destroy. Often we are told  to stand firm in our faith. Some will say, "I can't." They run from their problems, others deny they even have a problem. A few ill stand and hold onto God. Others stand firm, but, keep God at arms length. Many times we run ahead of  God looking for our own answers. We have little patience to wait on God. All we can see is destruction ahead, as we continue in the race that Satan is leading.
     Then, one day we hear, "Stand and know that I am God." Stand still /stand firm, doesn't sound much different. When you stand firm, as I have often done, we are rigid and stiff, almost in a stance of arrogance.  Grabbing at anything to help us stand. But, when we stand still, we are relaxed and at peace. We feel safe and unafraid. That is when God can step ahead of us and we can see Him working in and through our lives. The struggle to run the race is no longer a burden for us. God is the Victor and the race, we know he has already won.


     Ephesians 6:10-11 KJV
    Finelly, my brethern, be strong in the Lord,and in the power of his might. Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.



© Copyright 2013 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment