Monday, July 29, 2013

Traveling Grace

Last time I posted it was The Spirit Of Fear, that I shared. On a positive note I want to share about angels. We are told we have a guardian angel and God sends his messengers, the angles to bring news. There are wars being fought on our behalf in the heavens. At times those angels are answers to prayer. I'm reminded that we are often entertaining angels unaware. Today I want to share a time I said a specific prayer for angels, today our son is alive because of that prayer. Journey with me as I share, Traveling Grace. Angels are there to protect us, sometimes we just need to ask.



                                                                     Traveling Grace


     There are times we all pray for traveling grace and many have seen those prayers answered. One time I prayed a very different prayer for travel.
     It was a normal day at work. I was on break when a call was transferred to me from my office, it was our son Mike. He was several hours away at college. We were excited about him coming home for Thanksgiving the next day. He asked me a strange question, "Can I come home early?" I was a little shocked and told him, "Son you never have to ask, you can come home anytime you want to." We talked for a few minutes and I told him  we would have supper waiting when he got there.
     I hung up the phone and started back to my office. As I went through the door way of the break room, the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "Pray for Mike's travel." Down the hall, waiting for the elevator, riding the elevator down to my floor, then down the hall to my desk, I was praying a very different travel prayer. I went back to work and didn't think about it again. After work, I went home and told David and James that Mike would be home for supper.
     As I stood at the kitchen sink, I saw Mike's car pull in the drive. The front door opened, but, Mike only stuck his head in the door and asked, "Who prayed?" David told him, "Son, we have all been praying for you." Mike said, "There was a specific prayer." I told him,  I was lead to pray for his travel after he called and I asked him, "Why?" I knew the prayer had been answered.
     When I left the the break room and began to pray, it was for traveling grace and I was suddenly praying for angels. I had never prayed for angels before, so, I was surprised. I continued to pray angels above and below the car, angels on both sides, and in front and back of the car. The car was encased in angels. Then angels throughout the car, the motor, and the engine were encased in angels. There was a cocoon of angels surrounding Mike.
     Mike sat down at the table and began to tell us about his trip home. "As I started down a long hill, I noticed a car pulling out from a business at the bottom of the hill. I suddenly realized that the car was on my side of the road. I didn't know what to do. If I pulled into the other lane, the other car might pull into his own lane. Should I stay in my lane and hope the other car pulled into his own lane. There was no shoulder to pull off onto, only a ravine. On the left side of the highway was a fence and an incline. Suddenly I jerked the car to the right and heard gravel and then heard nothing. I realized I was suspended over the ravine. The other car, still in the wrong lane, passed by me and continued on. Again, I jerked the car to the left, the car returned to the gravel and then the pavement. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw the other car, still on the wrong side, go over the hill and out of sight."
     Realization that the car had been suspended over the ravine, took his breath. Mike took a moment and said, "Thank you Lord for answering my prayer." The Lord said, "Mike, you forgot to pray." To that Mike said, "Thank you for your grace." The Lord said, "Someone prayed for you." None of us had any doubt, the Lord had answered that prayer.
     Today, I pray for traveling grace, but, if the Lord quickens my spirit, there are angels and lots of them. I'm thankful I listened to the spirit that day. We might have had a different kind of travel report , if I hadn't.


(C) Copyright  2013  All right reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment